Monday, February 11, 2013

Primer Review

Primer is a low budget psychological thriller that is not for people to watch when they are are either tired, drunk, or trying to multitask. This might be the most confusing movie I have ever seen, and it does not explain too much. After you watch it, just google it and you will want to rewatch it.

What I liked:

I liked the narration of the movie, it set a nice suspenseful tone. I also liked the science for everything and the convoluted story could allow for many viewings to try and figure out everything.

What I did not like:

The characters, the rushed pace of everything, the acting, and the production costs. So essentially everything else. The characters were not really fleshed out nor were there interests and the kid was very seldom referenced, as were the 2 other original members of the group. The acting was just bad on all levels and that does not have to be the case in a low budget movie. The movie was essentially a "have power, they lose it" but without any character development to get me to care about really anyone in the movie. It was an 80 minute bleh movie with some complicated time travel aspects to try and overcompensate for a general lack of poor plot, character development, and acting.

I give this low budget movie a 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment